It's the only retort you'll ever need!

Friday, March 07, 2008

Crazy Girl is Moving to Silver Lake

What kind of person looks up and notices people staring at her while she is muttering to herself on the subway and then ACTS on the unfortunate impulse to say out loud "note to self: stop talking to yourself on the subway?"

The same person who manages to visit her future house in Silver Lake three times, and wreaks havoc on TWO of those occasions. The first time, I nervously dropped my phone on the hardwood floor and my future roommate was kind enough to tell me he did it all the time. Unfortunately, my friend who accompanied me to the house is not so kind and tells the story of me walking into the house, meeting this new roommate, and immediately THROWING my phone to the ground and smashing it into a million pieces with great relish. And YESTERDAY, after having picked up the keys, I was walking across the lawn and congratulating myself on not being an ass, when I suddenly TRIPPED on a piece of furniture that was lying on the grass and fell on my face. Damage done: one huge tear in my brand new, expensive black skinny jeans; one very bloody wound on my knee; and one SEVERELY BRUISED EGO. I actually had to ask Jen if I was cool enough to move in to the area, and she managed to stop laughing hard enough to tell me I am.

Note: Jen was extremely concerned about my knee and didn't start laughing until she was assured by my expression of embarrassment as opposed to pain. She is one of the most caring people I know, but earlier in the evening, I went in right behind her through the revolving door of her building and we both got STUCK. One can only be straight faced for so long when presented with an entire evening of ridiculousness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, thank you for clarifying that I am not a heartless person who laughs at her poor wounded friend. It was just that one moment you were there, and the next you were missing and your reaction was hilarious. Really sucks about the jeans, man.